Saturday 15 June 2013

carefree and cheerful



Cosplay isn't just about dressing like a character from a TV show. It is also to be like that person. You slip into the role. For me in Barcelona it wasn't very difficult.

Almost every episode of SailorMoon starts off with Usagi oversleeping and being late for school.
I got up in the middle of the day and got ready as my version of Usagi.

My mind was set on being carefree and cheerful. At first it was weird to walk to the streets with an eye-catching outfit (mostly the way my hair was done). But the people smile at you quite a lot so you get cheerful without even noticing.

Shooting the outfit took forever; the pigeons did what they wanted to do and flew away as soon as there was someone who had bread. But shooting with them was a lot of fun. At one point shat the bird on my friend, who took the pictures.
I had to learn that nature does what it wants but that doesn’t have to impact the pictures. That isn’t that deep of a life lesson as the ones they are telling you in the end of every episode of SailorMoon, but it is one and I appreciate it.
Another life lesson is; that you should listen to the people who tell you that in Barcelona your stuff gets stolen, if you don’t look after it.

This lesson I had to learn after I carefree went to all the tourist shops that had open on Sundays, like Usagi would have done.
You should really check that you have everything at the place you put it if it isn’t there it is very likely that someone stole it.
I had to learn the hard way and noticed it not until we got back to our hotel.
Luckily we took some pictures on our phones so the day wasn’t for nothing.
It was still a great day and a unique experience.

Till next time! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment