Saturday 28 September 2013

w.w.K.w.- What would Kenzi wear?



Kenzi is just a human in a group of supernatural creatures, she nonetheless manages to steal their spotlight with her awesome personality and her amazing sense of style.
Kenzi from Lost Girl is “only” a human and the best friend of the main character Bo who is a succubus and therefore should be the most attractive woman. But somehow Kenzi manages to stand out even more than Bo does. But it isn’t just her looks that make her that outstanding , it is also because of her character she is very brisk and chaotic but also quick-witted, sarcastic and courageous. Her charm also lies in the fact that she is a professional criminal who can persuade anyone if she wants to and knows whom she can trust.

Because she is such an outstanding charcter I thought it would be only fair to do multiple outfits, to capture her style and incorporate it into mine.
Her style is on the first glance quite trashy and typically “goth”. But on second glace you see that it is much more. It isn’t just goth it is also very flirty and put together but at the same time looks kind of comfortable. Plus she is a master of disquise, with her wigs and the ability to dress for every occasion.









 
To start off I wore some colourful pants. It is the first piece of clothing that comes to mind when I think of Kenzi. She rocks her red pants and sometimes her purple pants always with a chunky belt. A typical goth wears black, considering that I wore all black apart from the pants. I wore a black top with lace detailing and a black circus inspired vest over it. For the shoes I wore some chunky black wedges with studs on them, because you would never see Kenzi without chunky black heels or combat boots.

And these combat boots are the central piece of by next outfit. I wore my old, well loved combat boots which are almost falling apart. I also wore a black mini-skirt with lace detailing, again lace; I think it is something very feminine and also gothic. I wore a light pastel pink long sleeved shirt, which by itself is very basic. These types of clothing is what make Kenzi’s style so very interesting, she plays with basics and layers them with sometimes quite trashy, goth pieces. Over this shirt I wore again; the vest and also a fitted leather jacket. The combination of these rough elements, the boots and the jacket, with this soft colour gives the outfit this playful, young but flirty vibe.

In the last outfit I played with the trashy side of her style. I wore a black super thighs leather skirt with over knee socks and a deep red top with a waterfall collar. She really likes to accessories with belts so I wore my studded black waist belt with it. The vest I wore on top has this awesome train, which reminds me of a jacket Kenzi once wore. The shoes are some chunky black lace-up wedges with studs. These shoes remind me so much of Kenzi not because of the way they look but the way I felt when I got them. There is this episode of Lost Girl where Kenzi gets some shoes and the is so exited and doesn’t want to take them of anymore and that is exactly how I felt when I first got my shoes.

All of this make me want to be Kenzi, and with these outfits inspired by her I feel a bit more like her.

Till next time! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment