Thursday 10 October 2013

Mother of Dragons



Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Khaleesi oft he Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons is the only woman in Game of Thrones who claims the Iron Throne. At the beginning she is a quiet, weak girl who is sold to a barbaric king by her brother who does not care for anything but his rise to the Iron Throne. With all the things that happen to her, losing her husband and her unborn son, getting betrayed and having to face all kinds of obstacles, she becomes a powerful leader. Her determination only becomes stronger and she gets confident. She is the Mother of Dragons with her three dragons, which were thought to be extinct, and she frees slaves. In the series at the moment she is a badass leader who fights for freedom on her way to the Iron Throne.
I chose to do an outfit inspired by her appearance in the last episode of the third season, in which it is shown that she symbolises hope to the people.

I am wearing a vest I made myself; it is out of very intense blue linen with black leather detailing. I chose linen because it is a fabric that seems to have existed in the time Game of Thrones is set. The leather detailing toughens the look up. With the vest I am wearing light blue jeans and black sandals. The sandals remind me of gladiator sandals, gladiators seem to fit into the same time period and in the series you often forget that the show isn’t really telling our history, but the one of a fantasy world. I am also wearing a dragon necklace and my hairstyle are braids that remind me of the scales of dragons.


Till next time! Bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment